Monday, December 17, 2012

A Ribbon of Help for Newtown

On Sunday, 12/17/12 I attended a youth wrestling tournament.  Shortly after arriving, I noticed a small group wearing shirts that read: Newtown Wrestling.

Out of boundless respect and compassion to all those affected, I cannot write this post about my own grief or feelings or points of view.  Only that I commend the parents, coaches, etc. for having the strength and courage to try to bring some semblance of normalcy to some of the children of their community.

I held the door for one of them as he walked out with a medal around his neck.  I gave him a high five and nodded to his dad.  There was another match I noticed, involving their team, in which the boy was not there.

Today, I saw a tweet referencing a relief fund 
Coincidentally, the article mentions their wrestling team.
The purpose of this post is to spread the word of this fund.
Please donate and pass along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AmazonMobile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *