Sunday, August 2, 2020

Robinhood (The Site) Review

There was a time when my boss felt my ideas at work were too much for the staff.  Basically he told me to sit at my desk and wait until something breaks, otherwise, don't do anything.

With almost 8 hours per day to kill, I needed something to pass the time.  I dabbled in day trading.  Problem was, I did not have a large investing bankroll to play with.  Therefore most of my efforts were geared towards penny stocks, looking for that rare one to shoot up 500% in 5 minutes.  In addition, there were fees on every transaction, so although I profited from the Buy/Sell, I rarely profited enough to cover the fees.

If only Robinhood had been around then...

Robinhood is a no fee online brokerage tailor made for the investor or investor wannabee who does not want to pay transaction fees (and does not have a huge bankroll).  The interface simplifies investing.  My last go round, I used a tool that made me go cross eyed.  Information overload.  I had no idea what I was looking at.  They also offer high interest savings accounts , margin trading, and fractional shares.  Fractional shares are great if you want to buy a chunk of Amazon, but can't afford $400 per "chunk."  Did I mention they give you free stock just for signing up?  I believe after you make your first deposit (as little as $5.00) earns you one share of a random stock.

If Robinhood had been around the last time I tried day trading, I would have been quite successful.  Better late than never, I suppose.  I highly recommend Robinhood for any level of investor.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AmazonMobile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *