Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dumb User Comments

I've been in charge of IT at a small industrial supply company in Northern NJ for the past 15 years. During that time, I've heard some ridiculous comments from end users.  Here is a quick list of some of my favorites, in no particular order.  They are guaranteed to amuse:


  • Help, there's a message on my screen I've never seen before... What does it say?  I don't know, I didn't read it
  • I'm trying to get into invoice recall and it's not working.  OK, hit spacebar then type INVOICE-RECALL.  I did.  Show me. (proceeds to type INVOICE RECALL) You typed space, not dash.  Isn't it the same thing?
  • I'm trying to send a FAX and I don't know where to put the FAX number.  Where is your cursor now?  It's blinking next to FAX NUMBER: Why don't you try putting it there!
  • Can you look at an order for me?  Sure, what's the order number?  Oh, I didn't look, do you need it?
  • I hit ENTER and nothing happened, should I hit it harder?
  • (On Saturday) If I FAX something today, will they have it by Monday?
  • I lost a picture from my Email that I was saving.  Where were you saving it?  In my Deleted Items folder...
  • When creating a new customer, put the company name in the name field.  What if they don't have a company?  Then put their name.  What if they don't have a name?


 

3 comments:

  1. Funny...you have much more patience than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Diane C. Brown.

    Thanks for details sharing. I am appreciated to read your post.
    I used to be suggested this website via my cousin. I am now not certain whether or not this put up is written by way of him as no one else understand such particular approximately my difficulty. You're amazing!During that time, I've heard some ridiculous comments from end users. http://onedaytop.com/

    ReplyDelete

AmazonMobile

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *